Sunday, October 10, 2010

Change Your Mind

OK, so it is officially cold and rainy in Vermont and my bottle collection had fallen to three days a week. The goals remain the same; American waste turned into cash for those who need it most. Now a refocus. Every bike past, present and future can be had from Taiwan. Cheep labor, cheep energy and no patient restrictions and they can and will make anything. Any bike you want to buy from your local bike shop is made in Taiwan- re badged to the brand the shop thinks you trust and will buy. I trust Green Grear the makers of the Bike Friday line because I know all their bikes are made here in the USA; that that really means anything to this post. This post is about GREEN and the state of the health of our planet. Buy something new- anything and you contribute to the carbon footprint of our consumer lifestyle. Buy used; shop at Goodwill, they have everything you need to run a household! Except bikes. For bikes go to a local shop that will build you a bike from a solid used frame and components of your choice. For me that's Little City Cycles in Vergennes. No secrets, I have a 25% ownership in Little City because I want my money to support a GREEN bicycle that is custom made with the buyers input. Rants over?

No comments:

Post a Comment